Video surveillance cameras are prevalent in the industry because of its security features. They are purposefully installed to keep watch on an area. Due to their wide variety of usage and specifications, surveillance cameras are installed in almost every company and industry around the world. They can be used to detect any theft, disobedience of traffic rules, check the weather conditions and more. But, one of the major security concerns is how to change passwords so that it is not accessible by some unintended user who can tamper with it in your absence. It is advisable to change the default password after you have installed the system such that it is not easy to crack.
If you have never changed the password before, you can refer to online video guides with instructions for changing passwords or follow the simple steps mentioned below to enhance the security features of the camera and address the security concerns that were disturbing you since long.
- Log in to the CCTV system through your web browser.
- Type in the username and password that was given to you during installation.
- If you are logging in for the first time, you will be asked to download and run a plugin in your browser. Allow the plugin to run and follow the instructions specified by the plugin.
- Now find the “Configuration” settings tab on the browser. Choose “Basic Configuration” from the available list and head over to “Security”.
- Now you would be able to see the available users under the security menu. Highlight the relevant user and hit the modify button to make changes.
- Enter a new password in the password section. Try to use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, special characters, and numbers to make it a strong and difficult password that is hard to guess.
- Confirm the password and click on OK
While choosing the password, you should also pay heed to the password strength, which indicates how strong or weak your password is. Once you are done, remember your password so that you can log in without any issues. Although changing the passwords may seem to be a tedious task in the beginning, you will soon get used to it. Change it on a regular basis to avoid any intruders and keep a check on your family members and important documents and items when you are not around.